Monday, August 12, 2024

Missy wigs out before her first big recital


But Missy, you've at least got to be familiar with basic algebraic terms before you can move onto

I reject mathematics

I know it's not interesting for you, and it really is beneath your dignity to be expected to follow a regimen of daily study in

It's not that I'm lazy or uninterested or too good for mathematics, darling. I say I reject them. Mathematics. Algebra. Physics. I reject them, I say! I don't even count when I'm playing music or dancing la dance. You are right, numeric pursuits, no matter how abstract, are beneath us all. They are crude attempts at representing no more than a pitiful few parlor tricks of nature. 

Of course your experience of nature and of existence is inerrant and eminent and

And oh yes I know, peppermint. Please stop it. I'm just trying, perhaps poorly, to express the availability, the accessibility of these concepts and far more, simply by living a life of nirvanic mindfulness. And that such a life is the only way to truly understand nature, which is not made of laws, but of love. 

Missy was actually beginning to doubt her own sanity, her grasp on reality, and she knew that there must be an experience, a foundation, that she could call reality and that, regardless of all the gaslighting that the court and the courtiers could produce, this perception, knowledge, understanding would be and must be the foundation for all thought and action going forward, but most of all, it would create a lovely opportunity for a nap. 




Phyliss [trans.]


No comments:

Post a Comment